Dealing with seedy toe, laminitis, founder, sugary grass or high grain diets?
FOUNDERGUARD is a clinically proven preventative supplement for feed induced laminitis and founder. It has been formulated to ensure delivery of the active drug to the hind gut and proven to control the build up of lactic acid in the hind gut. A small daily dose of the palatable granules allows high grain diets to be fed safely.
- Horses on high grain diets e.g. gallopers, pacers, eventers and show hacks
- Horses grazing lush pastures particularly during spring and autumn when sugar levels in pasture are high
- Young horses being prepared for sales e.g. high grain/low exercise animals
- Horses that have suffered laminitis or founder in the past
- Horses undergoing a change in diet
- Horses with seedy toe, white line separation or poor-quality hooves
- The ONLY proven prevention for founder - FOUNDERGUARD has been scientifically developed specifically for the prevention of grain induced founder in horses and is the only product available to prevent this problem.
- Prevents build-up of lactic acid – When excess carbohydrates are consumed, bacteria multiply rapidly in the hindgut. FOUNDERGUARD controls the build-up of lactic acid from this fermentation process, preventing damage to the gut lining and therefore laminitis.
- FOUNDERGUARD can be added to the daily feed as an effective daily management tool of horses at risk of founder and low-grade laminitis.
- Scientifically formulated for performance – Helps prevent the onset of this silent ‘performance killer’ and help the performance horse reach their full potential.
- Virginiamycin 10 g/kg
- FOUNDERGUARD should be administered at the full daily dose for at least 3 days prior to any dietary change that involves an increase in grain (starch) or pasture (sugar) intake.
- FOUNDERGUARD is presented as a palatable lucerne-based pellet.
- FOUNDERGUARD can be fed alone or mixed with other feed ingredients to provide 5 g FOUNDERGUARD/100 kg bodyweight per day (e.g. 25 g/day for a horse weighing 500 kg).
- Individual horses: 5 g FOUNDERGUARD per 100 kg bodyweight once daily
- Bulk feeding: 1 kg FOUNDERGUARD mixed into 250 kg feed concentrate
- Introduce the dose incrementally over 4 days starting at ¼ - ½ the daily dosage. Commencement at the full dosage may result in decreased feed intake during the first week of supplementation.
- The scoop provided contains approximately 25 g when loosely filled.
- 1 kg Bucket: Provides 40 x 25 g daily doses
- 5 kg Bucket: Provides 200 x 25 g daily doses