EQUIMEC Plus Tape combines the power of ivermectin and praziquantel to provide complete protection against all major equine parasites, including potentially life threatening tapeworms.
WHY CHOOSE EQUIMEC Plus Tape?
- Easy-to-swallow, sticky gel that is less likely to be dropped out of the mouth
- Treat broad spectrum roundworm, tapeworm and bots
- Graduated trigger applicator for ease of administration
- Can be used at any age, and at any stage of pregnancy
- Aniseed flavoured
- Wide safety margin
- Low dose - 1 ml per 40 kg bodyweight
- Large Strongyles
- Small Strongyles (including strains that have become resistant to benzimidazole)
- Large-Mouth Stomach Worms
- Neck Threadworms
- Intestinal Threadworms
- Skin lesions caused by Habronema and Draschia spp. cutaneous larvae (summer sores) and Onchocerca spp microfilariae (cutaneous onchocerciasis).
PACK SIZE: 15g. Low dose volume - easy to use trigger syringe. Adjust dosage control knob to horse’s bodyweight, lock in place and press plunger.
1 mL/40 kg bodyweight, given orally, which delivers 0.2 mg/kg ivermectin and 2.5 mg/kg praziquantel. The contents of one syringe will treat one horse at 600 kg bodyweight. Each weight marking on the syringe plunger will deliver 2.5 g of paste which is sufficient to treat 100 kg bodyweight.
TREATMENT PLAN EXAMPLE
All horses on the property should be treated at the same time. Foals should be treated initially at 6 to 8 weeks of age, and routine treatment repeated as appropriate. Generally, young horses, brood mares, yearlings and horses exposed to high levels of reinfection should be drenched every 6-8 weeks. For horses lightly stocked in large paddocks which less exposure to reinfection, this may be adjusted out to every 10-12 weeks.